We are currently accepting applications for the 2022-23 Westminster Tour Guiding course. The course is always over-subscribed and we interview applicants to ensure that we are the right match for each other.
Applicants are required to deliver a three-minute talk on a pre-assigned Westminster topic at the interview.
Is the Westminster Tour Guiding course really for you?
- Applicants should be resident in the UK and be able to attend classes in central London on Saturdays between late September and mid-May.
- Applicants should be fluent in English and be able to demonstrate that they have the level of speaking, writing and research skills required to complete the course.
- Applicants should have internet access and the ability to read and generate documents in electronic format.
- Applicants should be motivated to earn the badge of the City of Westminster Guide-Lecturers Association and preferably have attended at least one guided walk led by a Westminster Guide.
What will your investment be?
- Course fee for 2022-23, including examination fees = £995
- Course handbooks = 2 x £15 = £30
- The time required for self-directed study varies from student to student but you should be able to invest something in the region of 200 hours of your time outside the Saturday classes.
Schedule and venue?
- The 2022-23 course will run on Saturdays from Sat 24 Sep to Sat 20 May with a four-week break at Christmas and a one-week break at Easter.
- The venue for classroom sessions in 2022-23 will be the St Marylebone CE School, 64 Marylebone High Street, London W1U 5BA.
What are your next steps?
- Please use the form below to register your interest or to ask us any specific questions about the 2022-23 course.
- To apply for the 2022-23 course please click below for the application form and be sure to submit your application by the deadline of Wednesday 20 July 2022.
- Interviews will take place in early August. We look forward to meeting you!