The selection process for the 2023-24 Westminster Tour Guiding course has now closed. Applications for the 2024-25 course will open in May 2024.
The course is always over-subscribed and we interview applicants to ensure that we are the right match for each other. Applicants are required to deliver a three-minute talk on a pre-assigned Westminster topic at the interview.
Is the Westminster Tour Guiding course really for you?
- Applicants should be resident in the UK and be able to attend classes in central London on Saturdays between late September and mid-May.
- Applicants should be fluent in English and be able to demonstrate that they have the level of speaking, writing and research skills required to complete the course.
- Applicants should have internet access and the ability to read and generate documents in electronic format.
- Applicants should be able to invest something in the region of 200 hours of their time outside the Saturday classes (although the time required for self-directed study does vary from student to student).
What are the specifics of the 2023-24 course?
- Dates: The 2023-24 course will run on Saturdays from Sat 23 Sep 2023 to Sat 18 May 2024 with a four-week break at Christmas (Sat 16 Dec to Sat 6 Jan) and a one-week break at Easter (Sat 30 March).
- Venue: The venue for classroom sessions is the St Marylebone CE School, 64 Marylebone High Street W1U 5BA.
- Fee: The course fee for 2023-24, including course handbooks and examination fees, is £1,125.
- Selection process: The official application deadline was Sunday 23 July. However, we can accept late applications as long as there is time to organise an interview. The interviews will be held over the weekends of 5-6 and 12-13 August.
- Information pack: Please use the form below to request our 2023-24 information pack to find out more details, including the full course calendar. The information pack is in the form of a PDF file, which we will e-mail to you.
What are your next steps?
- If you would like to request our information pack PDF or ask any specific questions about the Westminster Tour Guiding course, please use the form below.
- If you are ready to submit your application, please go to the How to Apply page, where you will find the online application form.